Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) was originally developed by employers and unions in the early 1990s, primarily in the union concentrated states of California, New York and Illinois. Legislation created the legal alternative to the statutory system, granting employers and unions in the construction industry the authority to “carve out” the current statutory system and implement an alternative workers’ compensation system through collective bargaining.
In California, Labor Code 3201.5 effective July 1993, permitted the establishment of a program whereas, a union and an employer or group of employers in the construction industry could collectively bargain to create an alternative to statutory workers’ compensation using ADR. The use of ADR by Unions grew over time for one simple reason: IT WORKS.
The P.I.P.E. ADR Workers’ Compensation Program began in early 1994 with the signing of the Workers’ Compensation Agreement between…
- California Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors Association
- Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Mechanical Contractors Association of Southern California, Inc.
- California Landscape and Irrigation Council
If you have any questions regarding the operation of the P.I.P.E. ADR Group Workers’ Compensation Program, please contact the Program Administrator, Chris R. Reinhardt, CIC at (800) 864-6623 or email.
- P.I.P.E. Contractors Safety Association, Inc. Workers’ Compensation Program Alternative Dispute Resolution Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- State of California Labor Code – Section 3201.5
- P.I.P.E. Contractors Safety Association, Inc. Alternative Workers’ Compensation Agreement, Renewal of Letter of Eligibility
- P.I.P.E. Contractors Safety Association, Inc. ADR Agreement
- P.I.P.E. Contractors Safety Association – 2019 WCIRB Approval Letter
- P.I.P.E. Contractors Safety Association – 2018 WCIRB Approval Letter
- Zurich American Insurance – 2019 WCIRB Group Workers’ Compensation Insurance Approval
- Zurich American Insurance – 2018 WCIRB Group Workers’ Compensation Insurance Approval
CA License #OK 21323
Chris R. Reinhardt, CIC
P.O. Box U
Moreno Valley, CA 92556
Outside CA Call: (909) 234-7290
Fax: (909) 494-4164
Richard A. Robyn, Sr.
American Ombudsman Enterprises
P.O. Box 127
Imperial Beach, CA 91933
Tel./Fax: (866) 254-7473 | Email
Call for a Quote Today: